On this page you will find information for including Cabrini in your client’s Will, suggested wording, estate administration and a quick information section with our key details.
"It's about giving back to an institution that's absolutely fabulous."
Information for including Cabrini in your client’s Will
1. If you’re helping someone to include a gift to Cabrini in their Will, it is important that the Cabrini Foundation is clearly identified in the wording of your Will. The Cabrini Foundation oversees and guides all fundraising activities, processes all donations and bequests on behalf of Cabrini Health Ltd.
2. If a client would like to direct their gift to a specific purpose or area at Cabrini, please suggest your client contact us first. To ensure best use of the gift it is hoped that the donor will have discussed their intentions with the Planned Giving Manager (or other Cabrini official) before writing the specific intentions into the Will. This is to ensure their wishes can be honoured.
3. Cabrini is registered as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) by the Australian Taxation Office.
4. Let us know. We would like to thank your client in their lifetime, and invite them to join us for regular events, updates and tours. It is our way of saying thank you and showing our valued donors how their legacy will make a difference in the future.
Suggested wording for Wills
“I leave to the Cabrini Foundation at Cabrini Health Ltd, ABN 33 370 684 005, the whole of my estate [or… the residue of my estate / or % of my estate / or the sum of $…. / or description of property] free from all duties and deductions, to be applied for its general purposes in such a manner as Cabrini Health may determine [or name a specific purpose or area such as research, oncology, cardiac services, educational scholarships].
The receipt in writing of an authorised officer of the Cabrini Foundation shall be a sufficient discharge to my executor and/or trustee.”
Cabrini values every gift we receive. If Cabrini has been named a beneficiary in an estate we would appreciate the following assistance:
1. Notify us. Please contact our Planned Giving Manager at your earliest convenience to notify what gift has been bequeathed to Cabrini. The Cabrini Foundation may request that certain assets, such as investment properties or shares, be dealt with in a particular manner to reduce tax liabilities. It also allows us to plan for the future gift and maximise the impact of their donation.
2. Tell us about your client and their next-of-kin. We would like to thank remaining family and friends, and appropriately honour the person’s wishes and memory.
3. Send us the following documentation as they become available:
- Copy of Will, and any codicil
- Grant of Probate
- Statement of Assets and Liabilities
- Statement of distribution
- On completion, a copy of the Estate Accounts
In the event of a dispute regarding family provision it is our practise to attend mediation.
Distribution of Gift
Once the estate has been finalised and is ready for distribution please make cheques payable to Cabrini Foundation and posted to:
Planned Giving Manager
183 Wattletree Rd
MALVERN VIC 3144
We welcome interim distributions from estates. Please contact us.
Cabrini Health Limited is registered for the following:
- ABN 33 370 684 005
- Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) by the Australian Taxation Office
- Charity Tax Concessions (TCC) by the Australian Taxation Office
- A Charity with the Australian Charities and Non-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
You can download a printable version of our Suggested Wording.
Our FAQ page provides easy to understand answers to some of the queries that you might have. Please take a look and see if we can answer any of your questions.
Our Gifts in Wills information booklet contains more information about how to include a gift in your client’s Will. This is information that you can pass onto your client.
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact:
Planned Giving Manager
P: 9508 1376