Sue Parkes, Director
03 9508 1780
Sue Parkes, Director of the Cabrini Foundation, joined in May 2015. Sue has more than twenty years of experience working in not-for-profit organisations, including some of Australia’s leading non-government organisations.
Sue has held leadership roles at Melbourne City Mission, Sacred Heart Mission, Brotherhood of St Laurence and Eastern Health. She has a strong commitment to social justice and is currently on the Board of the Fitzroy Learning Network.
- What’s playing in your earphones right now? Leonard Cohen
- Favourite take-away? Banh mi
- What did you want to be when you grew up? A cowboy
Cam Smith, Corporate Partnerships & Events Manager
03 9508 1386
Cam Smith has expertise as a senior Business Development Manager with a demonstrated track record of success in relationship and strategic management, in events and new business development.
His extensive not-for-profit network and background in the sector give him a unique understanding of the intersection between corporate partnerships, general fundraising and mission delivery objectives.
Cam has delivered creative and fresh fundraising and event initiatives for organisations such as Melbourne City Mission, Variety and HeartKids. Cam was involved in the development ‘Sleep at the ‘G’ for Melbourne City Mission raising money in support of homeless youth in Melbourne.
He is a member of The Committee for Melbourne (Alumni) Steering Committee and is on the board of Fitzroy Learning Network.
- Favourite thing to do when not at work: Head to the footy (Essendon)
- Three famous people (dead or alive) you’d have to a dinner party: Jimmy Hoffa, John Kennedy and Amelia Earhart (I need to know)
- What’s your life motto or philosophy you live by: “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are”
- What’s the craziest, or most exciting thing you’ve ever done? This can’t be made public
- What was/is your biggest accomplishment? Pulling this list together
Susie Santilli, Fundraising Manager
03 9508 1412
A fundraising professional for more than 15 years, before joining Cabrini Foundation in 2012 Susie worked across a range of not-for-profit organisations, raising funds for family and community services and medical research organisations.
Susie manages our annual giving program and says the best part of her role is meeting and hearing the stories of patients and donors.
Having personally experienced exceptional care at Cabrini, Susie is committed to helping make a difference to patients and staff across Cabrini.
- Favourite take-away: Thai
- What’s your life motto or a philosophy you live by: “It’s not how much you have to lose it’s what you have to gain”
- What did you want to be when you were a kid: A teacher
Catherine McElhone, Major Donor Manager
03 9508 1373
Catherine joined the team as Major Donor Manager in January 2019. Catherine is a philanthropy and events professional with more than fifteen years’ experience in community and arts organisations. Catherine recently worked at Opera Australia as the Patron Manager building strong and authentic relationships with donors. At Cabrini, Catherine is driven to building genuine relationships with donors, and learning about their stories and personal experiences at Cabrini.
- What’s your life motto or philosophy you live by: You only get as much out of life as you put into it
- Three famous people (dead or alive) you’d have to a dinner party: Barack Obama, Meryl Streep, and Margot Fonteyn
- Favourite thing to do when not at work: swimming in the ocean (but it doesn’t happen as often I would like!)
Maxine Miller, Trusts & Foundations Manager
0403 209 857
Maxine Miller has nearly four decades of experience in executive management, leadership and relationship development. She has raised in excess of $40 million working with some of Australia’s best known and trusted charities. During this time she has built and nurtured strong relationships with Australia’s key philanthropists.
Her responsibilities at Cabrini Foundation include actively raising funds through philanthropic trusts and foundations; and importantly identifying and linking grant opportunities and funding to appropriate Cabrini projects.
- Favourite thing to do when not at work: Play table tennis
- Three famous people (dead or alive) you’d have to a dinner party: Ella Fitzgerald, Doris Day and Billie Holliday
- What’s playing in your earphones right now: I definitely don’t have earphones! I own a 25 year old Marantz Stereo System which gives out a rich/resonant sound
Natalie Sikora, Planned Giving Manager
03 9508 1376
Natalie‘s role focuses on advancing Cabrini’s Gifts in Wills program. She is a driven fundraising and business professional and has developed and managed fundraising programs for several high-profile organisations, including two AFL football clubs, over the past 9 years.
In her previous career, Natalie was an accomplished journalist of 20 years at the Herald Sun, but decided to make a career change and joined Essendon Football Club to launch its first bequest program, before managing the Hawthorn Football Club Foundation. In her most recent role before joining Cabrini, Natalie was Planned Giving Manager and Acting General Manager Fundraising at Alzheimer’s Australia Vic.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? A dentist – until I realised I had a weak stomach for blood
- What’s the craziest, or most exciting thing you’ve ever done? Jumped out of a plane at 14,000 ft. Twice!
- What was/is your biggest accomplishment? Raising two young boys as a working, single mum and watching them become respectful, successful young men
Peter Mercer, Database Manager
03 9508 1382
Peter has worked in the not-for-profit sector for over 15 years, starting with volunteering for UNICEF Australia in Sydney in early 2002. He was soon employed as a Donor Services Officer, managing UNICEF Australia’s database. Since then he has worked for Wesley Mission and Sacred Heart Mission.
Apart from Peter’s primary role of managing and maintaining the Cabrini Foundation’s database, he also helps provide analysis and strategic direction in Fundraising so the Foundation can support Cabrini’s goal of the highest levels of care, compassion and commitment to the health and well-being of the community.
- What’s the craziest, or most exciting thing you’ve ever done? Jumping off Nevis Highwire in Queenstown, NZ (the 14th highest bungee jump in the world) and jumping out of an aeroplane at 15,000 feet
- What’s playing in your earphones right now? I am currently paying homage to Whitney Houston. listening to her greatest hits
What’s your life motto or philosophy you live by? “There are two kinds of people, those who work hard and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group, there is less competition there” – Indira Gandhi
Melissa Galbraith, Fundraising Assistant
03 9508 1380
Melissa is new to the fundraising world after completing a Bachelor in Management, majoring in Events at Deakin University in 2018.
Having witnessed family members work within the Cabrini halls for many years, she is keen to make a positive contribution to the Foundation team
and continue the fantastic work that it does for the patients, staff and greater Cabrini community.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? A ballet dancer, until I learned to appreciate my feet instead.
- Favourite take-away? Butter Chicken curry with extra Naan.
- What’s playing in your earphones right now? Sunday Morning by Maroon 5
The Cabrini Foundation enjoys strong leadership from a dedicated Foundation Board who are responsible for providing oversight and guidance relating to the Foundation’s activities as well as directly assisting in raising funds to support the work of Cabrini.
Sylvia Falzon, Chair
Sylvia has more than two decades experience in the financial services industry and has held a number of senior executive positions responsible for institutional and retail funds management businesses both domestically and internationally, superannuation, operations and compliance.
Professor Leanne Boyd
Leanne is the Executive Director of Nursing and the Cabrini Institute. She has more than 20 years’ experience in health professional education. Prior to Cabrini, she worked at Monash University as Director of Academic Programs (Middle East) and Head of Department Community Emergency Health and Paramedic Practice.
Peter is the CEO of corporate advisory firm Royce. He has extensive communications experience in the corporate, government and not-for-profit sectors. Peter has wide ranging experience in the healthcare sector.
Dr Michael Walsh
Michael is the Chief Executive of Cabrini. He has a distinguished career in hospital and health administration in Victoria, Western Australia, the UK and the Middle East. He is a medical graduate of Monash University and holds a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from the Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University.